Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

Forcing grease in usually pushes dirt in too and grease goes the path of least resistance 

Buuuuut the other option is to strip and hand pack it (whatever it is Morris minor trunnions are great for that) 

Don't get me wrong tho, I have no strong feelings about it

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, tortron said:

Forcing grease in usually pushes dirt in too and grease goes the path of least resistance 

Buuuuut the other option is to strip and hand pack it (whatever it is Morris minor trunnions are great for that) 

Don't get me wrong tho, I have no strong feelings about it

Speaking of Minors and Marinas, do you have any contacts for new trunnions and uprights? seem to be getting in a few with stuffed suspension and parts are a shit to find. 

16 hours ago, UTERUS said:

Fuck you're a clown tbh.

I may well be. But I just don't see the point of getting stuff with grease nipples if they don't need it.

Same with people who make stuff adjustable when it really doesn't need to be but they want the cool/wank factor. 

4wd stuff that is actually used off-road is a different story, grease nipples all the way.

• Like 1

its in the general area but no distortion on it or the sill other than those cracks

its a 300,000km car thats been on dirt roads for a long time judging from the amount of dust inside. Few scrapes underneath but nothing notable. I think its just an old car