Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't get to the brakes today, got busy with the "rear end". Anyway, made this as I found my hose stash. Tube is a tight fit and given it shouldn't really be under any pressure due to open end i'm hoping it doesn't leak. Will bleed it in car and just rag underneath it.

master.jpg

• Like 9

My Marina drive shaft has three universal joints. Two are sealed with no grease fitting, one has a grease fitting (they're all like this stock). Im replacing all three, is there any reason I shouldnt use the same part for all three and have them all greaseable? They appear the same otherwise.

• Like 1

May as well go non grease all the way through. Almost everything runs non greasy, and it's not like you're stressing them. Coz, Marina...

Up to you. I've done 400,000km and 35 years on non greasy joints and only one is fucked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yowzer said:

May as well go non grease all the way through. Almost everything runs non greasy, and it's not like you're stressing them. Coz, Marina...

Up to you. I've done 400,000km and 35 years on non greasy joints and only one is fucked.

Cost/Availability is the thing, its cheaper and easier to get ones with grease fittings from the States, but they dont list sealed ones.

• Like 1