• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, cletus said:

Battery I purchased last weekend 

A question for purveyors of car parts 

Does that sticker mean its past it's best by date? 

@GuyWithAviators

20210111_190938.jpg

Means century supplied it septe.ber 2020 and repco is too lazy to get their batteries rotated by the century rep regularly. 

You warranty starts from September unless you keep your receipt and shit i guess

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dolan said:

Means century supplied it septe.ber 2020 and repco is too lazy to get their batteries rotated by the century rep regularly. 

You warranty starts from September unless you keep your receipt and shit i guess

Last time I was working in a parts department all the century guy used to do was swap the stickers... to be fair he did put the tester on them first.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Styles said:

Last time I was working in a parts department all the century guy used to do was swap the stickers... to be fair he did put the tester on them first.

Lol, both places I worked Century actually swapped the batteries. They probably just swapped stickers at depot and we got it back the next week, but hey.

Did I do a bad thing? Did I buy cheap, buy twice?

Im replacing the front wheel bearings in the TVR and thought I scored some cheap new bearings. Problem is I didnt check the brand (there isnt one on the website) and it turns out they are Chinese DSM brand bearings. I've already pressed the outer race in, so should I just send it and run them, or pull it out and replace with TIMKEN or the likes? They seems to roll smooth enough when spun by hand but that isnt an indicator of how long they will keep rolling when the weight of the car is on them.

Does anyone on here know much about valve clearances and ramps on flat tappet, solid lifter cams?

For example, aftermarket camshaft profile calls for 0.3 mm inlet clearance and 0.35 mm exhaust clearance

Factory profile specifies 0.2 inlet and 0.3 exhaust

Will setting the aftermarket cam to 0.275 inlet and 0.325 exhaust in order to reduce noise cause too many problems long term?

The duration for the cam is like 180 or 190 deg at 0.05", with advertised duration of around 260 deg. Would this make the ramps about 35-40 deg duration?

If you have an aftermarket cam, why are you even comparing to the factory? Just set it to what is calls for and be happy.

If you dont like a bit of valvetrain noise put the factory cam back in it and clean up after youself with your grannypanties.

• Like 4