Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, tortron said:

That's brave of you to do before getting sent the wrong part

It was more to stop me using the old one, this way I can never can turn back.

i have been playing musical pressure plates for a few days but now I have slung one down into the bush so I don’t think about using it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

1kz landcruiser

should i bother seeing whats wrong with starter motor or just get another one

quick google tells me it might want solenoid rebuilt, but ive not seen it yet other than being told starter not working

*to clarify

its never been off road, so im unsure if this is something that happens to these starters and just needs cleaning out, or if its more likley to just be worn out

hey guys i brought this turd tonight for a couple hundy, it blew up on the way home (wasn't testing top speed at all when it stopped working) is there a bigger engine and manual that go into these for cheap backyard style? low km so worth not scrapping 

IMG_5978.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone have any good ideas for freeing up a stuck spark plug in an aluminium head please? Went to check the plugs on my Civic and three came out easily but the other one resisted the application of moderate force. Didn't wale on it really hard as not keen to risk breaking it or stripping threads. The three plugs I did get out were better than expected given the mileage and operating conditions of the engine (lots of short runs and almost never getting warmed up properly) but would like to replace them all anyway.

Find a tube socket that fits over the ceramic but sits on the metal of the plug and give it a whack with a hammer. That'll squash the washer under the plug. 

Works for copper washers under banjo bolts 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I had a tight plug on my old LPG corolla, bit of penetrating oil and then a little bit of forwards and backwards about 100 times did the trick.

Not sure I'd recommend hot engine though as the aluminium allegedly gets easier to strip at running temp

• Thanks 1

Get the engine hot hot. Then squirt the plug with water, or better yet freeze spray. Contract the plug and loosen it.

I met an old zhorst guy once who said that was how he undid zhorst nuts without breaking studs. Heat em up, and shrink the stud to make the nuts undo.

• Like 1