Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Valiant said:

Limited slip diff! Yes. It's the small Ford dream.

I have a torque biasing one, I was sceptical about them but they are awesome.

I am amazed how good a torque biasing diff is, for a road car I wouldn't buy anything else now.

Been swinging o's in the blit no problem now.

• Like 5

Having trouble with Toyota M series carb shit. The engine is a M-J with the emission spec carb on it. It keeps leaning out in the transition between where the intermediate circuit stops being effective and the main circuit kicks in. It’s almost like the main is being a little slow at coming on. Upped the float height with little to no effect. Accelerator pump plunger is new. Even cracking it open slowly it gets to a certain point, Boggs down, then the main jet fires fuel in and away we go. There is a vac operated accelerator pump on the carb too for a little more enrichment when the engine is cold. I’ve rigged that to work when the engine is warm. Helps but still not enough. I’m at the point of stripping the thing down fully and getting it sonic cleaned in the hope there is some little passage that’s blocked which I missed with compressed air. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ajg193 said:

I've never used anything for sealing brake fittings, looks like a taper thread so should be fine?

Maybe, first brake fitting i've used that doesn't have a flare inside. Well it does have one, but the caliper doesn't. I'd be surprised if it didn't leak fluid, but maybe brake fluid is thick enough to not matter. Will google. 

edit - dug through my paperwork and found instructions for the kit, says to use loctite, so I guess i'll do that. So long since I read them I didn't recall that step. As you were.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ajg193 said:

Plus supercats handle like shit around corners, sidewalls are too floppy

My best laptimes around Pukekohe and Hamptons were on supercats with way more power than your starlet

12 hours ago, Yowzer said:

Oi, I won't hear another bad word about Supercats on this forum, thankyou very much!

^^^^ what he said

• Like 1