Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

9 hours ago, NickJ said:

Ah, now those pages make sense, I was expecting something on the lines of "if rego/wof expires between A and B, the new expiry date is C"

Will throw new rego on and give them a good warm up/run

Report back if it still.lets you do it.

I rego'd a project over lockdown.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Report back if it still.lets you do it.

I rego'd a project over lockdown.

System will allow me to rego the cars, just wanting to fully understand what is legal before risking fines I can't afford!

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2019 at 21:10, kws said:

If anyone is after a cost effective Dial Gauge, I picked one of these up today and its shockingly decent for the price. Has a certificate of NZ calibration, and has a decent heft to it, doesnt look or feel cheap. https://www.saecowilson.co.nz/#/Product/info/M339A

Same with the magnetic base, better built than the price lets on https://www.saecowilson.co.nz/#/Product/info/M329

These are $36inc each at Trade Zone ATM, picked them up this morning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Calling all knowledgeable electrical persons. I'm looking for a replacement bulb for a stage floodlight.

aipcwddh.5i5.jpg
vtxdj3xu.evr.jpg

Looks like a seven inch sealed beam headlight but it isn't. It's 240 volt.

kgko5n0a.4qd.jpg

Coreys in Balclutha have told me that these are extinct because they tried to get some for someone else and couldn't. Do any of you wonderful people know where I might find one please?

We use spraywell at work. Apparently the trick to getting a better price is to go around the back on the left hand side and find the younger dude (son). The dad charges more. Also the charge prices seem to come out their bums, they just pick a number. Good quality finish though

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Surface finish on reground cams - how smooth should they be?

The one I just got ground looks like it has a pretty rough surface, especially around the base circle - even some voids in the casting.

Will the cam polish itself up as it gets bedded in?

12 hours ago, ajg193 said:

Surface finish on reground cams - how smooth should they be?

The one I just got ground looks like it has a pretty rough surface, especially around the base circle - even some voids in the casting.

Will the cam polish itself up as it gets bedded in?

They should be smooth, shiny almost polished finish off the grinder, like ~15RA surface roughness. If they are rough then they will eat the lifter for sure. Have you got any photos? Sounds like maybe the grinder operator didn't do a very nice finishing dress on the wheel. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BobbyBreeze said:

They should be smooth, shiny almost polished finish off the grinder, like ~15RA surface roughness. If they are rough then they will eat the lifter for sure. Have you got any photos? Sounds like maybe the grinder operator didn't do a very nice finishing dress on the wheel. 

RTH0TCt.jpg

You can see the lines that go all the way around the lobe, it feels like a pretty roughly turned surface.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1