Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/02/2020 at 07:36, kpr said:

worth seeing  if toyota has them.

3AU one on it's way from Japan, cheers. About the same price as that one in Aussie, sans o-rings, but I have those so not an issue.

Only reason it didn't occur to me to check with them first was that all of cooling system parts I asked for were NLA. So I ended up getting waterpump and all hoses etc from RockAuto.

• Thanks 1

My ford v8 crab type distributor cap has 2 holes burnt in the sides onsite each other, its a new cap, I think because its out slightly on its dimensions the rotor had collided with one of the contacts and twisted its end causing it to point about 5mm off on an angle causing the spark to jump?   

If JB weld or something will hold the dirt out, do it.
I once replaced the top of a model A distributor with a popsical stick with wires shoved through little holes. Based that one on stories on the internet.  There was a video of someone doing it somewhere but i can't find it now
/Ling

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghostchips said:

If JB weld or something will hold the dirt out, do it.
I once replaced the top of a model A distributor with a popsical stick with wires shoved through little holes. Based that one on stories on the internet.  There was a video of someone doing it somewhere but i can't find it now
/Ling

Macgyver.. 

It still runs sweet even with a smashed rotor and 2 holes in the cap but I think it makes it hard to start, I have some Jb weld stuff but I think it contains alloy, 

I am wondering if the Pertonix flamethrower coil is too much fot this shitty repro cap, I need to find a Mallory one