Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

On 16/01/2020 at 14:03, TimShadboltfan27 said:

whats the best way to test the module? pull it out and test resistance ? alternatively how could i test fuel pump without dropping tank etc ? 

I don’t think you could realy test the module, the problem would only show up sometimes, you could test the fuel pump with a pressure gauge? 

• Like 1

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, SOHC said:

I don’t think you could realy test the module, the problem would only show up sometimes, you could test the fuel pump with a pressure gauge? 

I think they either work or dont work, they have a circuit board. Have a feeling Bosch BIM024 are the aftermarket replacement?

7 hours ago, oldrx said:

Has anyone successfully put bends in straight rubber heater hose? Thinking of filling section with sand, bending as tight as possible and baking in the oven something...

https://www.repco.co.nz/en/parts-service/cooling/hoses-radiator-coolant/unicoil-hose-spring/p/A1272327

These work well at stopping the hose from folding. They come in different sizes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oldrx said:

Has anyone successfully put bends in straight rubber heater hose? Thinking of filling section with sand, bending as tight as possible and baking in the oven something...

If the hose is fibre reinforced (the little stringy bits that hang out of the cut faces) then remoulding will be near impossible.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oldrx said:

I think they either work or dont work, they have a circuit board. Have a feeling Bosch BIM024 are the aftermarket replacement?

No they can cause a misfire sometimes that comes and goes, mine would play up some days or not at all, the replacement was about $280 I cannot remember what brand it was

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldrx said:

What I have done before when I couldnt get a moulded hose was get the old hose and cut it open bend the new hose to shape then put new hose inside old hose and cable tie together. This helps hold new hose in correct shape. Not the greatest looking fix but works if your stuck. 

Mine was low pressure powersteering hose so didnt have the heat of a heater hose. Not sure if that will also affect it once its hot but if you get stuck give it a go. 

Starter motors. Every so often mine makes a horrendous grinding/spinning noise and doesn't turn the motor. Sounds like it keeps spinning for a bit (like free spins) once I let the key off as well. Might do it once or twice and then just starts normally. Dodgy starter or something more serious?

1 hour ago, Nominal said:

I'm charging a car battery with the cover off, and only 5 of the 6 cells are outgassing. I guess the 6th is shorted/rooted?

bust out the epson salts and if that dosnt work slam the battery on the ground a few times

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Starter motors. Every so often mine makes a horrendous grinding/spinning noise and doesn't turn the motor. Sounds like it keeps spinning for a bit (like free spins) once I let the key off as well. Might do it once or twice and then just starts normally. Dodgy starter or something more serious?

Could be the one way clutch in the starter.