Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my EF civic does this weird intermittent thing where it dies as soon as you disengage the key/starter. only does it sometimes, and you can keep the revs up and sometimes save it or hold the key on and keep the starter winding and it sorts itself out. 

this morning i had much trouble getting it to start and when it did it cut out a few times before i managed to save it with a bit of choke and mashing the throttle. 

I dont think its a usual culprit like a vaccuum leak or carb issue cos the car runs fine once it starts up (eventually). Am i right to suspect it may be the fuel pump? Google has suggested the ignition module as well but im leaning more towards fuel pump being a lemon

anything else to check? anyone had similar issue? D15B motor.

Those Honda ign modules are notorious for fucking out but it would be unlikely if it runs fine afterwards.  When the one on my City fucked out it wouldn't go at all, thats not to say that they don't have varying levels of out fuckery however. 

Is it mechanical or electric fuel pump?  

Are you sure it's not just that you're a noob with the choke?  :P

2 minutes ago, kyteler said:

Those Honda ign modules are notorious for fucking out but it would be unlikely if it runs fine afterwards.  When the one on my City fucked out it wouldn't go at all, thats not to say that they don't have varying levels of out fuckery however. 

Is it mechanical or electric fuel pump?  

Are you sure it's not just that you're a noob with the choke?  :P

lel i am proficient in choke operation m9

google says electric. looks like its an in-tank pump and i just filled it up. womp

46 minutes ago, igor said:

My wife's Laser was hard to start for some months. Once started it ran fine. The problem was thought by many to be fuel related but eventually turned out to be a faulty ignition module.

I had the same thing in my Telstar, would develop a misfire sometimes and almost cut out, and it was hard to start 

• Like 1