Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/10/2019 at 10:23, Ghostchips said:

Does anyone here know how a 'coil on plug' can sense when a spark has occurred & use that sensor wire thing?

Had a look but can't find the paper I read on it, google "sparkplug ionisation current" and that might lead you down the correct rabbit hole

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SOHC said:

I cannot find a LH door mirror for an 04 Mitsubishi colt 4 door hatch thing, there are none on eBay, anyone got a link to a good place?

Complete mirror, or just glass? Glass should be available from Mitsi dealer pretty cheap, maybe even whole mirror. 

NZ/JDM models are Z21 to Z27 depending on spec. If you let me know rego I can check P&A.

9 hours ago, kws said:

Complete mirror, or just glass? Glass should be available from Mitsi dealer pretty cheap, maybe even whole mirror. 

NZ/JDM models are Z21 to Z27 depending on spec. If you let me know rego I can check P&A.

Thank you, it’s the whole mirror, but I think it could be fixed with a new glass and outer cover, I think the wreckers might have one.

10 hours ago, kws said:

Isnt that knock sensing?

Not entirely, but you could use it for knock sensing.

https://www.vehicular.isy.liu.se/Publications/Lic/02_LIC_962_IA.pdf

As i read this i have no idea how to couple a high voltage coil to it or to a sensitive analogue input i'd likely use without frying something.
The marvels of modern technology.

Ball joint grease, does it matter what you use? Internet says complex lithium, local mechanic uses general grease. I have general grease, but want to be sure they'll last. What say you OS? Much easier for me to just use what I have as I only have one grease gun.

The grease I have is probably budget stuff too. So i'd potentially buy new grease anyway, but keen to know which type. 

39 minutes ago, Bling said:

Ball joint grease, does it matter what you use?

I wouldn’t get to fussy. Be more focused on the boot sealing well to make sure nothing gets in there.

we’re had some guys at work put the wrong grease in robots that spec high grade lithium. Meant to get changed once a year or every 10khrs... a lot out there go waaaay past that with the wrong grease and tbh we’ve never had an issue

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We've got it to connect and show stuff but as soon as we click data list the software crashes. Same behavior in xp and windows 7. We will need to find someone else with a modern Toyota to test it on some time

Active tests crash too

Nothing wrong with the car, we just want to play with data view