Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

I found the camera will stay on but stop recording if i turn the ignition off one click and stop the engine but the camera still has power from the cigarette lighter,  

The last camera worked well for 3 years but developed problems like I am having but also SD card slot problems 

@ghostchips can you try that camera i gave you and see if it stops recording?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Yowzer said:

Do the cameras still freak out with the engine off?

Another issue could be poor ignition coil earth or faulty coils. This causes a massive spike back through the 12V that can cause all sorts of haywire behaviour. Falcons for example are great for this and it trips out all the vehicle control systems. Honda's induce a spike into the crank angle circuit and causes the ecu to lose crank sync and ends up firing the wrong coil. Something like this could also freak the camera out.

Non resistor plugs in a resistor plug engine?

Does anyone have any experience with silicon bronze mig welding? Was thinking about having a go at it as I'm going to cut the guards off the well side of my isuzu ute to weld on ones off a mu as they have a bigger flare, only thing is that a 5kg roll is $440,

XEhVvMY.jpg

pyLSvYE.jpg

On 27/08/2019 at 09:09, SOHC said:

@ghostchips can you try that camera i gave you and see if it stops recording?

Ok, i report back that it works fine if you turn off the motion sensor.  Otherwise it takes bumps in the road or driving into the sun & doing a Uturn to get it to start recording again.

I had much the same problem, I eventually installed new cylinders and have not been through the same issues, still unsure as to exactly why.

Bore was in good condition, new seals and still leaked. Honed to be sure and new seals installed, leaked again, gave up and brought new cylinders.

42 minutes ago, Nominal said:

Next time I have to work on them I'll pull the rear cylinders (fronts seemed fine this time, clamped the hose to the diff and they were all good) and have a look inside them. M/C is a bugger to get out so less keen on dealing with that.

Are they repro parts? Repro castings are/were porous

On 30/08/2019 at 12:28, 00quattro00 said:

Does anyone have any experience with silicon bronze mig welding? Was thinking about having a go at it as I'm going to cut the guards off the well side of my isuzu ute to weld on ones off a mu as they have a bigger flare, only thing is that a 5kg roll is $440,

XEhVvMY.jpg

pyLSvYE.jpg

I got a 3 kg roll for about $50 of bronze wire, you have to use straight argon with it,

• Like 1

On 01/09/2019 at 07:46, moparmuppet said:

Just use solid 0.6 wire. lots of tacks, move around a heap, short welds to link tacks, lots of gentle hammering as the welds cool. What are you going to do about the fuel flap? 

I reckon that could look pretty cool. Good on ya.

Was going to see if I could extend the filler hose other wise it will have to be filled in and moved to the ute position 

5 minutes ago, 00quattro00 said:

Yea know about needing argon. Where did you get it from?

I got it from Kedall welding supply in south auckland, I think they are gone now, I welded up a cracked bell housing and an engine block with it, I got the wire for welding bronze castings together but it was a different color  

• Like 1