• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Question one,

How strong is tje diff in a 'tezza?

From skimming forums for next to useless info a few years ago suggests about 300KW if you're not too much of a rough bastard.

They're cheap enough though so break one and try again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Question two, 

AN/ dash fittings/braided hose,

how do the numbers relate to a size in a real work measurement?

I'm looking at cheap treasures from the Orient.  But those numbers don't actually mean anything to me?

Workmate just brought a stack of chinesium AN fittings for an efi conversion, macaroni elbows would have been a superior material choice.....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Yowzer said:

So avoid AliExpress? It's hard to know what brand to go for for such an item as there's so many shit ones that look identical in the pics.

Some things are probably better bought from a legit supplier.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yowzer said:

So avoid AliExpress? It's hard to know what brand to go for for such an item as there's so many shit ones that look identical in the pics.

Yes/No, I actually thought it would be a good way to size the system for cheap and then buy legit ones.

The tapered threads on the Ali ones were that terrible, I doubt they would make a seal of any confidence

• Like 2

I went down that road and bought a couple of different styles as I figured some would be shit.
The ones that are "square cut" like, they are drilled from one side and drilled from the other. 
Avoid. Most of them had a small piece of swarf still stuck to it internally! Went straight in the bin.

These ones were good (I've used them with fuel and oil for several years, including a lot of do ups and undos with no issues at all)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32741180690.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d670JXq
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32718466578.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d670JXq

This style, avoid:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32743291389.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d4HvP3k

I reckon the biggest cause of fuckups with AN lines though is putting them together improperly. 
I found putting masking tape around the outside then using a cut off wheel gave the best results. But need to clean a bunch of crap out of the line afterwards (But need to whichever method you use)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...