Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kyteler said:

I run semi's on my FD.  Have been on there a while so far. Still have heaps of grip and tread life.  Will happily pay a premium for decent grip. 

Thats exactly it, when it's a car that I enjoy driving, why not put grip on it!

How many Ks do you think you've put on them?

Starter motors....the one in our non os car (2002 xtrail) seems to be playing up. Nothing happens when turning the key, but after I gave the starter a love tap it fired right up (for the last few days you could just try a few times and it would go). Brushes in the starter gumming up/worn out I'm thinking?

• Like 1

Any one here running adjustable camber plates?  

Mine have developed a bit of play and it's slowly / gradually gotten worse and can be heard clanking while driving now. 

I'm gonna attempt to pull them apart myself, but before I do was just curious if anyone else has been there done that and if so, were replacement bearings / bushings easy to replace?  Or do i just toss em in the bin and spend the $200-300 on new ones?

so the T3 ones sometimes push the circlip out and the bearing moves in the housing. once that happens they're fucked, you gotta buy another top plate (T3 will sell you just the plate and not the whole assembly) but if its just the bearing fucked you can replace it without to much drama.

• Like 1

Anyone got a link to the rules for building a trailer?

Also, is this leaf spring setup legal here?  Don't know if it would actually work very well but it ticks the low box I'm going for.

trailerIA4.jpg.378091a961424bf88dae370a0c932b98.jpg

Might go something along the lines of this but mounted higher to achieve more low. PS, I don't care if it drags on shit :)

1759803815_proxy(2).jpeg.1cb314540773c6df454083c02ae279a8.jpeg

Edited by a.craw4d