Roman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, weetbixkid said:

A friend brought a Audi A3 1.8T 1999 Model with a AUG (??) engine.

It will have a diverter valve that recirculates as if you fit a bov that vents to atmosphere it will cause running problems as you are dumping air that the ecu has measured

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 00quattro00 said:

It will have a diverter valve that recirculates as if you fit a bov that vents to atmosphere it will cause running problems as you are dumping air that the ecu has measured

Ok, i think i understood that, but just so I tell him correctly. He cant have an external dumping valve cause the car already has messured the air and will run poorly if he does?

2 minutes ago, weetbixkid said:

Ok, i think i understood that, but just so I tell him correctly. He cant have an external dumping valve cause the car already has messured the air and will run poorly if he does?

Correct.

The factory valves don't last forever. If you here a fluttering noise when lifting off on boost it will need replacing. Genuine ones are not expensive

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 00quattro00 said:

Correct.

The factory valves don't last forever. If you here a fluttering noise when lifting off on boost it will need replacing. Genuine ones are not expensive

Ok cool thanks, I am sure he wanted the classic Psst style noise when he lifts off the throttle. 

thanks for the help

2 hours ago, 00quattro00 said:

It'll just run rich for a second after it has blown off. Otherwise it'll be fine.

On a manual it'd make a little pop on gear change, sometimes a small flame out the tail pipe. Looks and sounds good.

Ok thanks guys, I have had a chat to him, he cant drive manual due to an issue with his left foot so is stuck on Automatic gearboxes only.

He really wants the turbo sound so have passed on your feedback to him.

He is also going to fit an S2000 airfilter which is a drop in replacement for the AUG engine and is meant to give a nice 1-2hp gain.

Where would the best place to buy one? I have put a circle around the type he needs, needs to be an OEM paper one.

Inkednull_zps8e6c0b41_LI.jpg

57 minutes ago, weetbixkid said:

Ok thanks guys, I have had a chat to him, he cant drive manual due to an issue with his left foot so is stuck on Automatic gearboxes only.

He really wants the turbo sound so have passed on your feedback to him.

He is also going to fit an S2000 airfilter which is a drop in replacement for the AUG engine and is meant to give a nice 1-2hp gain.

Where would the best place to buy one? I have put a circle around the type he needs, needs to be an OEM paper one.

Inkednull_zps8e6c0b41_LI.jpg

Just tell him to stop wasting his time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've just used autosol metal polish in a couple of places I probably shouldn't have with great results (so far, may yet end up in the disaster thread).

-Clear yellowed plastic, looks like new now. Will see how it lasts.

Unpolished headlight. This one looked clean and clear before I cleaned up the other side.IMG_20190228_112649.thumb.jpg.4f031c2e7b5e38be8780fb180c1c5132.jpg

Side polished with autosol.

IMG_20190228_112644.thumb.jpg.f2b761e8bafd04d57807012055527ec1.jpg

-Powder coated motorbike wheels, have done a small patch and looks really good. It has removed crap that carb cleaner and petrol wouldn't.

IMG_20190228_112609.thumb.jpg.06fd0784078629392f00f5bdf73a1040.jpg

Edited by a.craw4d
Now with pictures

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I have 2 fuel gauges running off a single sensor, and one fuel is showing empty(I think I can fix this with a resistor?), while the other starts full and quickly shows my tank draining, is there an easy fix if I wanted both to work? Diode or something a rather? Maybe a resistor?

and where does someone buy a resistor or diode from these days?