Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but this has probably been covered a thousand times, had a quick search but came up with nothing.

Where would I find tire manufactures fitting specs?

I've got some 15 x 7 wheels and want to run a skinnyish tire to keep it under the guard.  Is there like a general bridgestone (or whatever brand) spec sheet or do I need to search every individual tire I find?

1 hour ago, Yowzer said:

Falken I think was the only brand that listed a wider option of rim to tyre size, that I know of.

Yeah, that was crushed.  Falken Int. stomped it out. It was a document that came out of Falken EU.  It is likely within their safety factors but not enough to warrant completely backing it across the board.  It was only for above 7 that it was a handy extra variable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bling said:

Flaring guards not an option? Cheaper than buying new wheels like I did, to get a tyre / wheel combo I wanted. For cert anyway, which I assume this is for. 

Will be rolling the guard lips but keeping the exterior factory. Haven't finished the suspension set up but the rims should be very close to the guard and I don't want any tire protruding past the rim. Have searched a few tire manufacturers and seems I can only go down to a 195/45r15 on a 15 x 7 wheel.

Need to find some pics now of that wheel and tire combo to see how it looks.

Here's a picture which miiiiight help. 

These are 14s, Falken 195/45R14 all round 

Rear wheels are 7.5, Front wheels are 6.5.

Gives you an idea of what to expect.  Somewhere in between the two. 

They're almost square on the front and stretched slightly on the rear so yeah.   Split the difference? 

IMG_20120912_164320.jpg

• Thanks 1