Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

Why heating? Is it not welded to the flex plate?

Should be ok as long as you get it in the same position relative to the starter. Check if there are any tapers in the edge if the teeth that help starter engagement, but usually they would be on the starter, not the ring gear.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I've done that before. 

I'm not sure what the "correct" procedure is but just made it up and it worked. 

Grind off any welds and hose it down to cool. 

Get the oxy torch out on hot af and do a few hot laps of the ring. 

Tappy Tappy it off with the flex plate sitting on a block or similar. 

Plate in freezer overnight. 

Get the ring warm with oxy again, slide it onto the flex plate and live the smooth starting dream. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dayum, ring gear would not budge. Some dimensions changed lol, but zero slip. Some evidence suggests presence of hidden magic.. No factory rivets or external welds, but wee globules that look like friction weld type scenario, or something. Anyway, project stall till flywheel place opens

• Sad 1

@Mr Vapour, the guy I was using at my last job turned out to be a useless prick..Wouldn't turn up etc.

Are they all connected to power and you just need them to work off a single remote?

My last job I did in auckland was 3 automated gates on one property..I installed all the automation myself and had them running off a single remote (6 remotes in total for the household).

Pm me if you need any help

33 minutes ago, Nominal said:

Any idea where I can get something like these in NZ that are rated for a die grinder speed (1/4 shank) and the sanding drums?

https://www.unitedabrasives.com/mmi-family/spiral-band-drums/

https://www.unitedabrasives.com/mmi-family/3-4-diameter/

@Truenotch?

PPS industries bring in the best ones (Pferd) and they sell direct. You could also try Tradezone or Twiggs in Welly. 

I personally rate rolled cones way above the cylindrical versions. They last way longer as there’s loads of layers to get through and they’re smaller diameter, so won’t fly apart as easily. 

prk-1225-a-80-rgb.png

https://www.pferd.com/int-en/products/fine-grinding-and-polishing-tools/poliroll-polico/poliroll-cartridge-rolls-pr-and-prk-polico-abrasive-cones-pco/aluminium-oxide-a-type/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1