Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, chasinthemirage said:

2nd gens look so yuck though haha. I'd imagine they'd be IFS too? I quite like the KZN130 my brother has but I want fixed beam. I really want a Land Rover but I know that's a shit idea so I'll buy a Toyota haha.

Get a 70 or 80 series.. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SOHC said:

Why on 4 pot disk brakes would the outer 1" of the disk look like the pad is not touching it? pistons move freely friction part is flat but has a small step 

Contaminated pad?

Both sides of the disc the same? I'm assuming the installed pads are the correct size and wearing evenly?

2007 Toyota mark X

Want to install a remote starter

Car has its factory key code immobilizer deal.

Remote starter unit apparently can be programmed with the key code so it'll start without the key in it.

Sound correct?

Any advice or wiring diagrams that will help?

How to get the factory key code?

I assume there is some sort of provision in the factory system for this? Or is it cut the lot out and install an aftermarket alarm with appropriate inputs?

Question: Why do you want a remote starter? Sounds like a lot of hassle just for wank factor.

The car has a seperate immobiliser ECU that talks to the engine ECU. The engine will not start unless the imm tells it to. You cannot just rip it out. 

A good locksmith will have a fancy machine that can make a copy of the factory key code if it has a normal key. Not sure if if has a smart key (push button start)

Not my car. Deff for wank factor.

They want to keep the immobilizer so my idea of taping the key chip to the ignore barrel won't work. 

No alarm type installer will touch it incase they fuck it up, so it sounds like too hard. 

By cutting it out I actually mean bypassing it and flashing the ECU to not need the immobilizer signal. Then aftermarket immobilizer etc (ballache but at least not my ballache)

Flatmates been asked to do it and asked me what I thought, so I'm asking you nerds

Mark X's are pretty fancy I thought, so I had suspected they may have provision for extra wank factors

Wasn't sure where to ask this so I'll chuck it here. Mod's please move or delete as you feel fit.

Can anyone identify these wheels?

15x7. 4x114  +11 offset. They say performance on the front and that funny little "m" symbol. No markings on the back.

IMG_20181215_141000.thumb.jpg.3a5d6b076578307de153c58b1788bf54.jpg

Also the tire guy that pulled the tires off said they were a weird set up, thought they appeared a backwards wheel until the tire was off.  Any OS opinion's?

IMG_20181215_141019.thumb.jpg.1dca9b532cf38d345470f45287495d1e.jpg

Edit. Sorry the front face is on the RIGHT in the above picture.

I picked these up cheap and I'm guessing they might be some of China's finest.