Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cletus said:

After I got the block decked 40 thou in my vg, the intake manifold didn't fit with gaskets, but it was spot on with no gaskets. 

Grey goo around the water ports, and hylomar blue around the intake ports-  no problems in 3?? years

The www recommends using Sealant front and back on sbm manifolds instead of gaskets anyway. Can you remember how far down the hole your slugs were with the 1.755 pistons and the 40 thou cut? I've got a block here out to 40 over,  which is more or less the last oversize. I'd planned to cut the fuck out of it.  But my slugs are only 1.740. 

I think I spent $1500 ish on the short block, that was boring, crank polish, balance, deck and clean, resize rods, fit cam bearings.

from memory that rebuild cost around 5k all up, it was meant to be re ring and paint it but that didn't work out.... the heads needed a going over as well 

• Like 2

Hello. XF falcon motor with weber carb goes in to car set up for XC motor, poxy stromberg carb. 

XF has fuel pump with return, XC and car have no fuel return. 

Pumps have the same diaphragm/bodies as eachother, return is just an extra layer in the assembly. 

Will XF weber 34ADM carb be happy on a non - return type fuel pump?

Chair.