Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably a stupid question but will it be ok if I try to recharge a fucked 10 year old motorbike battery?

IMG_20181122_104735.thumb.jpg.8fa431bc885dcc0889331f5faa7503a2.jpg

I don't want to buy a new one because it'll most likely be sitting around for 12 months while I sort out shit on the bike but I'd like to be able to take it for a spin sometimes.

Cheers.

54 minutes ago, a.craw4d said:

Probably a stupid question but will it be ok if I try to recharge a fucked 10 year old motorbike battery?

IMG_20181122_104735.thumb.jpg.8fa431bc885dcc0889331f5faa7503a2.jpg

I don't want to buy a new one because it'll most likely be sitting around for 12 months while I sort out shit on the bike but I'd like to be able to take it for a spin sometimes.

Cheers.

Leaver the cap off and put a tea spoon of Epson salts in and top up with water if needed, if the plate dividers haven't broken down it might go

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SOHC said:

Leaver the cap off and put a tea spoon of Epson salts in and top up with water if needed, if the plate dividers haven't broken down it might go

This works, but when the battery dies again it's pretty dead. In saying that I have a jdm battery that I can push start a car with after 12 months of sitting that had the Epson salt treatment.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:00, ajg193 said:

I did this to jump start a car a few years ago. Worked well, apart from the burn mark on the spanners after.

This was standard starting practice for our MF135 back in the day. Any random piece of steel to bypass the shagged starter solenoid. Used my sheath knife once cos I had nothing else handy and blew a big gap out of the edge. Not thinking very hard that day.