Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Retarded question

Does anyone know if you can fix a flat spotted tyre  by doing a burnout?

Asking for a friend.

If you jacked it up and lowered it ever so slightly until it wore the rubber down to the same level then it would be close.  I doubt a burnout on its own would. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyteler said:

If you jacked it up and lowered it ever so slightly until it wore the rubber down to the same level then it would be close.  I doubt a burnout on its own would. 

Yeah I think this would be the only way. Otherwise the flat spot would be wearing down at the same rate as the rest of the tyre. Will wait for video and go from there.

Just pondering. The rear axle and torque tube setup on SD1s is pretty average (LSDs are uncommon and expensive, no provision for any sort of swaybar, the torque tube splines wear and are NLA now, and they dont handle much torque)

liveaxle.gif

If one was to want to swap to a conventional live rear axle, from something else a bit more common, can anyone that of one that might fit with minimal mods to mountings? I know the hilux axles were a common swap into things like starlets. I dont know if those are still the go to? Im guessing shock, spring and radius arm mounts can be added to most live axles to suit the SD1