• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Nominal said:

Some form of Ford Flathead V8 I imagine. They run two water pumps

PA120015.JPG

Yes but its much older than the one in this pic^ and dosnt have mismatched pulleys

Never use Dennis Carpenter gaskets for fucks sake 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BW 55 auto seems to be leaking fluid from somewhere, I did the sump gasket, but I think its coming from in the bell housing, it even empty's when the car sits around and is not driven.

Should I dare to put in some seal conditioner?  

Was parked in my car the other day, with the car idling looking at a map with the outside weather at about 30C. After about 15mins I saw the water temp had gone way up to the 'high' zone of the gauge, who knows what temp that might have been. Anyway, decided I should move and turned the AC up to hot and the temp dropped real quick back to the colder side of normal temp. After we got home I checked the oil and water levels and they were fine, but the air intake pipe had fallen to bits so realistically it was drawing in engine bay air. I have since ghetto rebuilt my intake hose so it should draw in from outside now, but I wonder if hot air intake air would make the water temp/general engine temps increase?

/I have not checked to see if the radiator fan turned on, I will check that next

Possibly dumb question depending on car, but are you sure the radiator actually has coolant in it? Had an identical issue on my BMW Mini when there was a coolant leak, so the radiator was super low on coolant, but the hose to the overflow tank was blocked.... so when i did a quick check, the overflow bottle was full, but it couldn't get any of that into the radiator.

Ambient temps were high, and it would rise into the red at idle, but was fine driving. Radiator fan was operating but couldn't cool it.

• Like 1