Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

1 hour ago, 00quattro00 said:

Have you been to a pick a part and seen the monkeys pulling parts off?

No, but I can well imagine people smashing all the things around the thing they want because they don't have the right tools / sufficient intelligence to remove it sensibly in case someone else wants the other stuff.

• Like 1

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How else will I know how thick the metal is in a steering wheel? Or what diameter the shaft is on an alternator, I dont care that it made the alternator unusable. They'll just replace the car with another soon enough

car wreckers in onehunga seem to catch fire once a year piercing fuel tanks

3 hours ago, igor said:

Why? Apart from to be complete cunts.

Because alot of cars don't have drain bungs, it's the easiest way to make a car safe to store. 

3 hours ago, igor said:

People should be less stupid.

Do us a favor and hit alt+f4

• Like 2

I got rid of a completely fucked KE30 once. Before the scrap guy came I filled up the fuel tank with lots of waste oil to get rid of it. (I'd already rolled into it's roof and scavenged all the actual petrol that was in it)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RUNAMUCK said:

I got rid of a completely fucked KE30 once. Before the scrap guy came I filled up the fuel tank with lots of waste oil to get rid of it. (I'd already rolled into it's roof and scavenged all the actual petrol that was in it)

reminds me of a cobber who had his MK4 Cortny seized for multiple DIC/unlicensed driving............ filled the tank with sugar for the new owner. rumour had it , with the old fuel it would diesel, unsure how true, didn't care

Also who does the LPG certs in Christchurch at the moment?

/ Looks like the car was converted to LPG on day one of its life. Runs super well. Needs new back shocks in the very near future, but it might just get through a WoF.

5 hours ago, ajg193 said:

Yeah

Does it have a bad back story?

no, it belonged to @Horse25 he kindly lent it to some of us at nats when another vehicle had issues. he mentioned it was for sale. and quite cheap.

I was mildly tempted myself but didn't need another car

quite possibly the most economical vehicle in the universe

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cletus said:

no, it belonged to @Horse25 he kindly lent it to some of us at nats when another vehicle had issues. he mentioned it was for sale. and quite cheap.

I was mildly tempted myself but didn't need another car

quite possibly the most economical vehicle in the universe

I rocked up and he was like "are you going to lower the starlet?"

And then I realized he was from oldschool and therefore probably quite trustworthy

But yeah, was crazy cheap, $900 with pretty much nothing blatantly wrong with it apart from being LPG. Boot seems to be quite full of water so I might have to dig around a bit

• Like 4

On 5/5/2018 at 14:10, ajg193 said:

Also who does the LPG certs in Christchurch at the moment?

/ Looks like the car was converted to LPG on day one of its life. Runs super well. Needs new back shocks in the very near future, but it might just get through a WoF.

like I said go here for cert Christchurch City Autogas http://www.chchautogas.co.nz/

Meh shocks have been like the whole time ive had it as a daily so I saw no point in replacing them.

That guy has gone out of business, I'll go for a hoon tomorrow and see what I can sort. Still super happy with the car

1 minute ago, Horse25 said:

like I said go here for cert Christchurch City Autogas http://www.chchautogas.co.nz/

Meh shocks have been like the whole time ive had it as a daily so I saw no point in replacing them.

4 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

That guy has gone out of business, I'll go for a hoon tomorrow and see what I can sort. Still super happy with the car

arr Must have shut up in the last year...
try this place

Sheffield Crescent Auto Centre

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ajg193 said:

By Jove.

Just filled it up.

$11 per 100 km.

That shit is crazy. Crazy I tell you.

Shit, if you ever experience a diesel I dare say we'll be scraping the exploded remnants of your head off the walls and ceiling.

3 minutes ago, Alfashark said:

Shit, if you ever experience a diesel I dare say we'll be scraping the exploded remnants of your head off the walls and ceiling.

They have RUC though, which are a minimum of $6.20 per 100 km. You'd need to be using like 3.5 L/100 km or less to come out ahead

• Like 1