Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

I don’t buy shit tires anymore but will leave them on a car I buy unless they die, or the car is sold. 

Big fan of lower cost Falkens and Yokohamas. Decent performance and quality for the price. 

I was genuinely worried when the wife was driving my other SD1 to the show on the weekend in the pouring rain, on Supercats. I have had that car step the back out going around a roundabout in the wet without even giving it throttle. She was ok though and of course blamed my driving. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super cats are perfectly acceptable on a light weight car, especially when they are less than about 4 years old. People who put them on commodores are idiots.

They get a bit hard with age and the sidewalls get super floppy.

On the plus side they never really wear out and they are good on gas.

Meanwhile I am running expensive tyres that hog all the fuel

• Like 1

Supermeows hah!

I got a set off Beaver second hand, for mrs' old daily, zero issues. Have also had hiflys on her new daily, again zero issues. I've also had high performance tyres on other cars, due to the usage the car got. Something had to tame the 20V and I don't think supermeows come in low profile 17's 

I was rocking Supercats on the back of the Waka until they turned into superslicks. Only spun it five or six times. Man they got slippery once the tread wore out.

Pretty sure my 2JZ Waka has supermeows on it too, so that'll be fun once I put some springs in it

3 hours ago, UTERUS said:

Can you cunts not drive? Had supermeows on my 20V Carib and it was sweet. 

Even did dual sprints at taupo and got similar lap times to guys with semi slicks.

I had supercats all round on lancer at pukekohe. Only gained 1sec when i put semis on

• Like 1