Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

I've had batteries that were so dead the charger wouldn't start charging. I put a good battery beside it, and bridged the tern in also with large ring spanners. Once it began to charge it was legit as.

@SOHC

What are Epsom salts, and where can I buy some?

Epsom salts = magnesium sulfate, you can get it from the supermarket and I think garden shops.

53 minutes ago, oldrx said:

I wonder why!?

It was an old guy working from home who had a recondition shop, his wife became a total bitch and put an end to him working in the shed after he had hart trobble wile working on a home made aroplane

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tech spam query

Does a clutch cover/pressure plate require and form of lube to work properly?  Obviously not like add a quart of oil every three months. But do the fingers require anything to aid their operation?

I ask because I've got one that is both rusty, and has generous amounts of black grot on it. I was thinking of banging it through a turbo wash before trying Seedy Al's trick with the citric acid. 

@Seedy Al

What was that citric acid called at the supermarket? And what ratio did you mix it at?

This is me saving coin by reusing a second hand unit which is less fucked than an end of life unit in the vehicle now. It would be stupid to spend one quarter of the vehicles value on a new one when I'm only going to sell it. The used one I have was known to not slip when last in service.  I may have overstated how grot it is.  Most of the.black grot will be clutch dust. I figure a turbo washing/decontamination will improve the derusting capability of the solution. 

I might well.swap out the rear main seal while I'm. Under there. (Depending on how $$ it is)

Being able to drop a skid instead of slipping up a storm will go a long way to.improve salability of the car.

Electrolysis ing.

Seeing how it does with the rusty bits on the bottom of the door. I've not bothered cleaning anything first.

Unfortunately, I didn't remember the measurements of the doors and the longer front doors are about 30mm longer than the planter box.

IMAG0547.thumb.jpg.d9dc477aba7b6e6b770787426d1a5560.jpg

• Like 3