Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wire brush cup wheel in the grinder mate. When I took in @datto_610 L24 flywheel for a skim the shop told me to gtfo since that level of rust would foul up the stones on his grinder/facer. 

I gave it a once over with the cup wheel, and the pitting was gone with a quick skim on the stones.

Those cup wheels aren't super cheap to buy (like $40) but they're a very useful tool.

Im not worried about the actual flywheel face. We have shit to clean that up real good 

I just can't be fucked trying to wire wheel ring gear teeth etc haha. 

Plus its off a 1kz so it actually weighs a ton.

Will look into evaporust when im at super cheap buying a oil drain pan. But yeah. No doubt its some over priced something else lol.

Usually the chain stretches till the cam and crank angle sensors no longer read close enough to start. 

About an 8 hour job. Chain prices range from like 350 to 800 depending on whether they include a new vvt gear or not.

You get new oil and filter at the same time as sump has to come off. Advantage is when they are like this they usually have new spark plugs because people are idiots. 

I have seen these fail from as low as 80000km

Seen some that have made it to 250000km.

Generally an average to poorly serviced one fail around the 120 to 150 mark.

I diagnosed one of these that was out side the work shop while I was inside working on another car just the other day

What sort of car?  Primera armadillo looking turd?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2