Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

@datlow

Jack it up with a floor jack, and biff some old sockets/wood in the suspension between the "shock" and the suspension pivot. So it can't slam itself out again.

True story.

quvjt4au.tc3.jpg

Easy to access by just removing guard and inner guard. Only a couple of bolts.

Have done this before. Along time ago mind you.
Its pretty michael mouse, but it works, and doesnt rely on any hydraulics integrity.

Can do something similar in the arse end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

D super 5 speeds are dope.

I have a 4 speed box spare, and a d super 23 engine in bits if you need parts.
Also have all the hyrdomatique gear from a ds23 pallas if you want to do a pallas conversion, and have automatic manual.

/You should just sell it to me cheap as a doner for my '63 plz. I wish to aquire all the LHM shite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Goat

Wife’s buying/inheriting it so that it stays in the family

head was pulled cause the spark plug thread was stuffed, looks to have been helicoiled (not sure why they didn’t do it in place) never reassembled so will have a proper look once I figure out how to get it from the naki to kapiti

might end up needing a whole motor yet

cheers for all the info

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, a.craw4d said:

@Kimjon Have you tried this on any of your chinese 49cc 2smokes?

Opened up the intake with a drill and scraper.

IMG_20171207_122715.thumb.jpg.2d27a40378f4f2da7c97bea05ee9a499.jpg

Did it to the go kart yesterday but can't test it as I've run out of 2t fuel.  Was in a hurry and poured the rest into the tank without the fuel line attached.

Bugger.

I haven't specifically tried that one, be interested to hear how it works out for you?

On a goped, I once drilled out the main bore to the next size up right through the carb, manifold and cylinder head. It was quiet successful, but that style of carburetor has high and low adjustments for fuel mix ratios...so they are easy to tune. 

On 5/12/2017 at 08:05, cletus said:

Filter is like that on a v8 valiant.  I cut a plastic water bottle or similar so you can jam it down next to the filter, then stab a hole in it and let it drain into the bottle

I'm late to the party here. But fuck yeah those dumb aussies really made an IHC job of the remote oil filter on the sbm in the rhd cars. 

Hurp Durp.  Let's mount the fucking thing facing down at arms reach at the back of the motor. 

Hey guys. 

Surface Rust removal on a flywheel. 

Basically I have a flywheel thats been kicking around out side for a little bit,  and I wanna remove the rust off it before I machine it.

What would people's suggestions be? Looking for a solution I can soak it in. 

Coke has been one thought,  but worried as I remember seeing videos in my youth of coke desolving nails etc. 

Or do I try vinegar, ? Or some other type of cleaner? 

1 hour ago, Seedy Al said:

Hey guys. 

Surface Rust removal on a flywheel. 

Basically I have a flywheel thats been kicking around out side for a little bit,  and I wanna remove the rust off it before I machine it.

What would people's suggestions be? Looking for a solution I can soak it in. 

Coke has been one thought,  but worried as I remember seeing videos in my youth of coke desolving nails etc. 

Or do I try vinegar, ? Or some other type of cleaner? 

Wire brush??

Or electrolysis. I had good success trying this on a rusty spade...blade. It's easy, you just need baking soda from paknsave or something, a bucket big enough for the flywheel, another bit of metal to make more rusty and a battery charger.