Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

Is there a way to take horizontally mounted oil filters off without oil pouring out everywhere? heaps of cars have this setup, and many dont seem to have oil stains below the oil filters from previous oil changes. I always drain the sump first, but 95% of the time, the oil filter is still loaded, mess is always made worse by undertrays too

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The MX5 is like that, with no access from below, and the filter directly above the crossmember. Cunts.

I put a small plastic bag over the filter and it kinda caught some of the oil as i spun it off. Still made a mess, just a little bit less.

1 hour ago, Nominal said:

Anyone(maybe  @64vauxhall)want to recommend a staple gun for upholstery - needs to fire short staples (4mm). Manual would be OK, or air-powered.

Just for hacking so nothing too $$$. The ones I've found online are 6mm.

Bunnings m8. Air is what you want. Don't settle for anything else. What's your address I'll send you some staples. Got thousands of them here. Also you want a 80 series gun. Around then 80 dollar mark I think. Last 3 years so far. What are you covering? BTW boxes of staples come in boxes of 100000 for 4mm....

14 hours ago, 64vauxhall said:

Bunnings m8. Air is what you want. Don't settle for anything else. What's your address I'll send you some staples. Got thousands of them here. Also you want a 80 series gun. Around then 80 dollar mark I think. Last 3 years so far. What are you covering? BTW boxes of staples come in boxes of 100000 for 4mm....

Re-doing some of the trashed panels on the oxford wagon. Glue is OK up to a point but I want to hold some of the curved edges on better (plus I find it hard to get the location correct with the contact glue). Will have a look on the way home today.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 02:08, peteretep said:

Is there a way to take horizontally mounted oil filters off without oil pouring out everywhere? heaps of cars have this setup, and many dont seem to have oil stains below the oil filters from previous oil changes. I always drain the sump first, but 95% of the time, the oil filter is still loaded, mess is always made worse by undertrays too

Have a bendable covered piece of ali that I use as a funnel  can be shaped anyway to make a nice channel into the bucket.

Lol at punching holes in filters, fuck that for a mess.

• Like 1

My googling isn't working for me, any Citroen weirdos know if you can pump the suspension up without a engine to run the pump?

@V8Pete ?

wife looks to be inheriting/buying her uncles D super 5 that's sat for 29yrs with the motor in bits  seems like it'd make life easier loading it on a trailer if it's not sat on its arse, wonder if it even works anymore

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, datlow said:

My googling isn't working for me, any Citroen weirdos know if you can pump the suspension up without a engine to run the pump?

@V8Pete ?

wife looks to be inheriting/buying her uncles D super 5 that's sat for 29yrs with the motor in bits  seems like it'd make life easier loading it on a trailer if it's not sat on its arse, wonder if it even works anymore

How "in bits" is the motor? I've heard of jokers disconnecting the pump drive belt/pulley and using an electric drill/windy gun to spin it

• Like 1