Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vice question.

which end of a bench should I mount my vise? Bench is about 2.7×800. Im going to make a move on getting the bench properly built this weekend. I've had it just sitting on the lefthand side. But I was thinking that being right handed I should put it on the right hand side so I can still work from the "right side" of the vise if I'm holding long things.

any of you workshop gurus got any suggestions?

i have mine on the LH corner, on a bit of an angle, so I can maximise length and not hit the wall/tool box

although mines not even bolted down I just use some wood working sash clamps to hold it and my grinder so I can move them around

Mine's in the middle of the bench but the bench only extends half way along the wall. Grandfather mounted his in the middle of a bench that extended all the way along a short wall of his garage and made a removable hatch so that if he needed to work on long stuff it could just hang out the hole in the wall.

My pipe vice is semi outside for ease of use with long pipes.

• Like 1

i have the firewall forward of a loom that i want to replace the hacked up firewall forward loom in my truck with

theres maybe 20 or so individual wires, is there a better way to join them together than solder, heatshrink, and then wrap the lot together?

something like this https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/prf-40130/overview/ possibly?