Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

allllllll righty then

Carby Electric fuel pumps.

I need to replace my suspected leaking mechanical pump on my crown, looking for some experience here with flow rates and PSI's

Factory mechanical pumps 4.2 to 5.4psi

Can either get a 1-4 psi pump at 90L per hour,

or 3-7 psi at 120L per hour.

Its going on a 2.8liter Toyota 5m (6 cylinder)

Peoples thoughts on which choice you would go for?

price is the same so not worried about that. Just worried about getting the bigger one and over powering the float needle, or getting the smaller one and not pumping enough to run the turd.

Also I assume its still ok to run the pump off the ignition and not needed a tachometric replay to power the thing?

I under stand there are benefits to safety for the tachometric, but i also dont wanna be cranking the shit out of it when the fuel is trying to prime up after a stint of no use.

I have intalled the higher PSi pumps in the past on other vehicles, and not really had a problem, but as I learn more, I constantly start to over think things like this lol

Cheers

So I tried a Goss brand 3-4.5psi pump on my 2.0l van today, was starving for fuel.

Would dare say it wouldn't keep up with your 5m.

Thin plastic spacer between carb and manifold is just for heat soak right?

Mine turned to dust trying to remove it, am tossing up between just forgetting about it or chopping up an old nylon chopping board the misses has that's about the right thickness lol.

Also 1KZ-TE, 188k, new radiator and pump "It does seem to use some water, not so much around town, but on longer journeys." = run to the hills?

• Like 1

There asking $6800 for the Super Custom, "rare" manual AWD.

MTF turned me down anyway.

Also re fuel pump. So have you gone to a bigger one then?

Yeah, after driving it I'm not sure that it's made much difference if I'm honest.

Carb/dizzy/van is fucked.

Hey Guys, getting a towbar fitted to the family Honda wagon, options are 1200kg, 1500kg or a detachable bolt on/off tongue 1000kg. Prices are all much of a muchness.

the detachable one appeals as I don't actually own a trailer yet and apart from camping and dump trips the most work it will get will be a bike rack.

any thoughts/advice?

A lot of the diesel ones do that too, it's something in the design of the air box/intake set up that causes them to moo.

I'd get the detachable towbar if you're not going to be towing often/anything overly heavy.

I used to keep my Cressida one in the spare wheel well if it wasn't in use.

I want to have two temperature sensors fitted to some dash 10 lines. 

So I've got some fittings that have a 1/8 NPT fitting in the side.

However the temperature sensors that I have, are too long so they bottom out before the threads get tight. 

Does anyone know of an AN fitting that would have a larger diameter housing than normal to fit a longer sensor?
Or otherwise does anyone know of any 1/8 NPT thread temp sensors that only have a very short nose on them?

I am wondering how much of the nose of the temp sensor I could actually grind off, I am assuming it's just a casing that has a resistor or something inside it.

Anyone done that before? 

Speaking of temperature, I'm after an unobtrusive aftermarket water temp gauge for the Starion that I can tuck out of the way but still be immediately visible when required, and a digital LED readout with small footprint seems like a more elegant solution than a round 52mm gauge.

Something like this, but ouch at the price:

https://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=221

I guess if there's no other decent option available I could go ahead and purchase that, but has anyone come across a similar product that they would recommend?

Aliexpress seems to return a lot of hits for bulky round gauges, and a surprising number of fishtank ones, lol. That could work perhaps?

I want to have two temperature sensors fitted to some dash 10 lines. 

So I've got some fittings that have a 1/8 NPT fitting in the side.

However the temperature sensors that I have, are too long so they bottom out before the threads get tight. 

Does anyone know of an AN fitting that would have a larger diameter housing than normal to fit a longer sensor?

Or otherwise does anyone know of any 1/8 NPT thread temp sensors that only have a very short nose on them?

I am wondering how much of the nose of the temp sensor I could actually grind off, I am assuming it's just a casing that has a resistor or something inside it.

Anyone done that before? 

How about a spacer? https://www.aeroflowperformance.com/fittings/npt-fittings/npt-male-female-extension

Speaking of temperature, I'm after an unobtrusive aftermarket water temp gauge for the Starion that I can tuck out of the way but still be immediately visible when required, and a digital LED readout with small footprint seems like a more elegant solution than a round 52mm gauge.

Something like this, but ouch at the price:

https://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=221

I guess if there's no other decent option available I could go ahead and purchase that, but has anyone come across a similar product that they would recommend?

Aliexpress seems to return a lot of hits for bulky round gauges, and a surprising number of fishtank ones, lol. That could work perhaps?

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=25-Temperature-Controller-and-Display&A=112617