Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on if hot dip zinc/galvanizing would fill pin holes in welding?

Got a small steel fuel tank with a pile of pin holes (I can't weld), couple of people have suggested getting it dipped to A: seal the leaks and B: line the inside to prevent rust.

Almost sounds legit to me.

Yes.  Hot dipped zinc is good like that.

• Like 2

Por15 tank sealer kit is a prety hardcone process. Got a kit sitting in gge

It's a giant pain in the ass, been there, done that, but wow, sure works. It's all the shaking and rolling and rocking to make sure it coats everything that sux. I suppose it might be easier with a smaller tank, mine's about 60l.

I potentially need to buy a new sbc head gasket set and other top end gaskets. Is normal auto shops best place for this or are there some USA specific places that would be better. I am just looking for oem spec stuff

Could look at NZ Gaskets stuff for you, pm me deets.

I potentially need to buy a new sbc head gasket set and other top end gaskets. Is normal auto shops best place for this or are there some USA specific places that would be better. I am just looking for oem spec stuff

or sedgedins on dom rd (different shop altogether to sta) would have that stz. get denham to hook you up a he knows them pretty well.

also pioneer autoparts would be another option.

just price check on summit/rockauto first  it should be pretty cheap for stock stuff though just make sure you get your vehicle/motor spec right as there are some differences if it is a vortec or LT1 motor