Noob question, how do I get a link etc to work in 250 2v

wickmyster

My goal is to run a SVI LPG system on my 250 2v, but I need an ecu for the ecu that came with the LPG kits to get the spark pulses from so it known when to squirt the gas in.

So how do I get this sorted? Do I need to get a crank trigger sensor or something, I have already for an electronic dizzy, can I marry the two together?

Any ideas/help will be awesome.

Lol no forklifts aren't that high tech. It shouldn't be that hard. Should be instructions from the manufacturer of that kit?

What method of delivery does your set up have? a single line going to a mixer? Is your original motor injected? If so I've only got experience with Carby setups with basic electronics and vacuum operated reg's.

I just did some reading on the svi system seems it's a sequential system so it requires a LPG nozzle or injector or what ever they use per cylinder. It also requires a wide band O2 sensor for the controller as this will map the controller in such a way that's both economical and safe to run. That's about as far into it as I read.

So from being a sequential system I'd think it would also need to know rpm and also cam position to work properly. And possibly map or tps readings?

Don't quote me but when I read sequential that's what springs to mind from doing sequential fuel injection systems.

• 2 weeks later...

I already have a full SVI system from a dual fuel BA. I want to use it in my Coupe just to be different, but it will have better power and economy that and carb LPG set up like my E-gad BA has:/ I might have to hunt for some instaltion instuctions for my kit. But can anyone answer my intial question?

Find the manual for what you have then ill be abke to tell you. Ad for your original question I answered it above. Depending on if it needs to be sequential or not will be the deciding factor as there are only limited choices to run sequential fuel for an 8 cylinder motor out there megasquirt 3 can do sequential fuel but spark will be still wasted spark. Link g4 extreme can do sequential fuel and coil per cylinder. To run sequential the ecu needs to know rpm via the crank then a sync pulse from the cam so it can figure out what cycle its on.

Really need more info as theres no one answer to your question.

• Like 1

This depends on the ecu you intend to use and how it wants to have the signal delivered normally the easiest was is to machine up a trigger wheel to fit to crank or to machine slots into the bottom pulley if there is enough meat. 36 teeth with one missing is common then for cam speed one tooth off set so it doesn't clash with the missing tooth. You can use hall effect or vr sensors but the tooth profile must match what sensor you intended to use.

Then you will need to add a coolent temp sender and inlet air temp sender a throttle position sensor. Etc if you intend to use the ecu to control fueling and timing. The ecus I mentioned above will still only support sequential tge same way for a 6 as the ms3 only has 4 ign channels the g4 extreme will support sequential and coil per cylinder.

But before jumping into all of this you really need a better understanding of how this lpg system works you may be wasting your time if you cannot give it the info it needs

• Like 2

Best trigger set up is what you have to play with or what you can make work. No benifit from wasted spark if any thing itll shorten the coil life due to being fired 2x a cycle as aposed to once. Its not hard just having an ecu with enough ign outputd to support 6 coils is all it needs

• Like 1