The K20A / K24A thread

Roman

But this is what you guys have been pushing them as for the last while?

Well in my book its hardly expensive for what you get, but around here 4-5k initial outlay for an engine/box may as well be 5 million dollars it seems.

Edit: 140kw for a stocker is no joke! Its pretty crack up when you see s2000 guys bin the F20c motor for a stock K24a3/2 and the car is instantly way faster.

• Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

140kw is pretty decent. My B18c with intake, stock headers and mugen exhaust untuned made 130.5kw but would be down on torque compared to the K24 so less usable power

(At the same dyno day a EP3 Type R with K20 that had mugen intake and exhaust made 131kw about 10mins after mine)

Difference is b18 will run out of "cheap" power at 140kwish kseries still has a good 20kw up its sleeve

The Atom is cool, but it's more Toy than Car I reckon...

If I had a 10 car garage I'd have one in there for sure!

But if I could have something as a 2nd car for the weekends etc I'd prefer something a little more usable...

Something with a roof and body panels makes it a lot more likely to be driven during the 75% of time that its raining in Auckland haha.

Well in my book its hardly expensive for what you get, but around here 4-5k initial outlay for an engine/box may as well be 5 million dollars it seems.

Condescending comments about people doing anything else, but I dont see your K24 build anywhere either?

Or is following your own broadly brushed advice too expensive and difficult?

1w0io30b.eev.jpg

In other news, were any (all?) of these engines tipped over a bit from factory? In terms of sump angle etc.

It seems like a behemoth of a thing when stood up straight, do they have a gank lean in FWD setups like Toyota motors do?

One of the best things about FWD cars is how they can have that sweet super low nose and good aero. So guessing they tip them a bit?  Love the shape of the Torneos DC2s etc with the super low front.

Not a fan of cut or lifted bonnets to fit things.

• Like 1

From a few cars I've seen people have fabbed up a tin sump for their conversion. Big flat FWD sumps can be a PITA in RWD and yea not the best at keeping oil around the pickup. I had my one sitting next to a 18RG and it wasn't that much taller, if they fit in a early MX-5 and a 86 then they are going to work in lots of things.

Yeah thats a big oaf of an oil pan!

Rookie a factory beams motor baffled sump with minor mods is good for 1.9g without oil issues.

No reason why a k motor couldnt have a wet sump banged together that does the job too?

Although in saying this ive managed to bang mine on the ground.

The extra clearance of dry sump would come in handy. But not worth the trouble for that alone.