mr dori's B110 Datsun 1200 coupe (1972)

cute wee gem

Yeah I think I used 1/4 unc.

It's important to use course threads in soft metals. Carbs are made of super soft shit as fuck metal, (everyone calls it shit metal) as when the alloy is diluted down with other shite, it makes it more free flowing when cast. This enables more of the capilaries etc to be cast in, and less machining costs at the time of manufacture. (Or so some one told me at a BBQ one time)

Be sure to grease the tap when you're tapping it to trap the swarf. And I'd even go so far as to remove the carb to do it, or get an assistant to hold your garage vacuum cleaner right there to keep any shavings out of the engine.

These engines are pretty much indestructible. I have much love for the A series.

The S13 brake conversion is really easy to do on these. Unsure if your A3A's will clear them or not though. Most 13inch tridens (greatest wheel ever btw) will clear them. The factory brakes are extra poos. Trying to haul up when the needle is pegged off the dial can be a big ask.

Most people grind that caliper piece back because 90% of aftermarket mags dont fit without spacers. Or you could do the S13 brake upgrade. Heres mine on 13s, I agree you do need them pretty low though to suit 13s though.

(Sorry Dont mean to highjack your thread with photos)

2us7xig.jpg

• Like 2

Just flipped a leaf and 2 inch blocks buzzy. It's about 90 mm from the ground to sill at the back and 100mm at front. Cut bump stops etc. I need some adjustables for the front to even it out. Wheels are 13x7 and 13x7.5 starsharks. Yours looks like a tidy original wee car mr dori