AttySlungGatty 1976 Vauhall viva

AttySlungGatty

Yay another viva... looks tidy. 

On the point of suggestions,  if your keen to tackle the rust (if its got any or not), the main areas to check are under the door sills, rear wheel arch's, under the battery in the engine bay and the bottom edge of the window right where that black paint is. A good idea would be to get some fish oil in a can from stupercheep and put some in the nooks and crannies to prolong its life a little. 

Sweet ol cars to cruise in... enjoy

• Like 1

I'm hoping to get a nice paint job on it in same colour because I like the green, put a bigger motor and better running gear in cause the 1300 is nice to cruise in 50km areas but not really what I want. Fix up interior (would like dark brown leather seats) and put in a good sound system. But me being a student is going to make it a really slow process.

V8. Go on. You know you want to. With an aluminium block (I'm thinking Buick/Rover, maybe something Japanese) you might find you don't even need to change the front suspension setup. Insurance could be an issue though.

Got to say I like the sound of v8 but just think they too heavy for what I want. I like going round corners fast rather than a straight line. Though wouldn't mind going for a Jap 2L or v6 when money is more available.

• 2 weeks later...