LPG / Petrol dual fuel systems

igor

Many years ago I had a TK Bedford with a 214 running a dual fuel setup. Ran sweet on lpg but the few times I tried it on super petrol it ran like shit. I knew next to nothing and just assumed that the ignition timing was advanced way further than it should be for petrol to make it sweet for the lpg. It never bothered me because lpg was way cheaper anyway but I've often wondered about it. Does anyone care to share their knowledge on this?

The carb was probley full of gum and shit from being dry for a wile accelerator pump all dried out and stuck, I found if the float chamber was empty sometimes the floats could wear through from vibration. LPG will eat some rubber I am told.

My falcon was the same, no idol on petrol, flat spot and a lot of smoke. LPG was about $0.60 a letter back then in 2003 and they had just phased out CNG. 

My old L300 was duel fuel, I never mucked with it, but was always a little boggy on petrol.

I was told that it was a good idea to run a few kms on petrol per tank of lpg, helped keep the carb in good knick. I never looked into the science of that, but I never had any problems either.