Tores Toyota Corolla KE20 1975 "RallyRolla"

RallyRolla

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Yeah its me from MCM :)

Been talking to a guy from Australia, he may be able to arrange a Cam and Lifter regrind for me!

if that gets done im going to Port & polish the head, aswell as shaving it, clean everything up and then Re-Grind the valveseats and slam the hot cam in it, If i find money for it ill buy some Doubble valve springs and a better carb, sourcing parts is my biggest problem since the Oldschool comunity here is really small..  i got Quad 1100 Gixxer carbs in parts car but i dont know about the manifold, then ill have to make my own... i could have done it if the engine was crossflow but since the exhaust and inlet is on the same side its kind of problematic...

Thinking about the Tighe 154 cam,

original is 246 Dur in, 246 Ex  and 0.338" lift

Tighe cam , 276Dur In, 281 Ex and 0.398" lift

http://tighecams.com.au/cars.htm

what do you guys think?

I think mine are CV's too :) the slide is Vacume operated and the throttle only control the butterfly valve :) 

Ill need to get hold of a air/fuel meter and weld into the exhaust before i do anything :)   Guessing im going to need to get smaler jets or lower the needels since they sat on a 1,6 2T engine :) but hen again this is a Semi-Worked 1,2 soo it should not be that much off :)  needels is sitting at the highes right now..

Do i need to sync them after the rune or is runnign the same jets and needle enough? :)

yeah I was surprised to see slides carbs on a late model ish bike so CV make alot more sense. Hard to know with the jets but I dont think they will be miles out. Basically to set the needles, lower them down until there is fuel spewing out of the orifice at idle and then raise them up a little, normally there is a few settings to choose from. One of the first things to do once you get the car running is to check the sync on them, otherwise any tuning could be very hard