EURON8 & azzurro's Sign of the Year 1992

azzurro

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to worry about how much of the junk that lives in our yard is moving itself to your yard, Vince...

I'm even more worried about it happening the other way around.

Convert trailer to 6 stud. I do you good deal on some 17" alloys....

I feel there is a fair balance of junk traveling in either direction ;) I love new junk!!! :D

Don't you start discouraging Vince from buying things, young lady!  He's my boi.  I was even going to buy a Poogoat so we can be kindred spirits.

Should buy, pretty much the best car in the world tbh, seems to be near impossible to actually kill, consistently returns awesome gas mileage, comfy as fuck inside, actually pretty peppy..

I want a wags version tbh the swap my pimping seats in haha... the leather seats in that thing are so nice!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday #5

Late start early finish, but have now completed most of the grindin' n weldin' after running out of gas last weekend.

Chris made up the tailgates at work during the week - they just slot into some C-section and will double as ramps.

Also fitted up the rear dropper and straps for the new lights, plate and etc - will leave it open for more tie down spots.

eSJDB0.jpg

Put the hubs back together with new grease and brake pads in the race brakes, and all back together with springs under for test purposes

- tyres will rub on guards before springs bottom out and rear is pretty low, but cant say we didnt give it a go!

YdtHqZ.jpg

Just need to:

- wire up the lights,

- run the brake cable,

- buy and fit some ply

- fit tyres/reuyms

and shes ready for WoF.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This has been slowly progressing as we spend a couple more hours here and there over the last few weeks in between actual summery stuff.

Its been literally too hot to work on while the sun is out.

- everthing now has at least 2 coats of rustkill

- lights & plugs all wired up, except for one tail light that didnt illuminate and side markers pending side ply to screw them to. Replacement tail light unit arrived today (A+ will trade again) .

- ply purchased (largest cost so far) and fitted to tray and tail gates. Just sides to fit now. Cheap shitty screws are cheap and shitty.

- will fit new* tyres to the original steel rims as the Primera ones from James are just too FWD offset depite being about 10% of the weight and having the right centre bore.

Looks short and wide in this, but its 3.6m loooong and 2.2m wide. With the tarp on the box feels really big.

MLsqdw.jpg

Miss-ON8 testing out the trailers suitability for a one-handed-reach-around parlour and mobile Crocs showroom.

zFTce4.jpg

Not far off its maiden voyage now. Will attach the Sign of the Year sign to it somewhere.

• Like 2

Today I acquired all but one of the final pieces of the puzzle.

Thanks to Furai for fitting 'New' tyres courtesy of azzurros parts croma ( yes recent brainwave) To the original steel rims.

8FB4C87A-9553-45B2-B4CD-8A95ABAF93EF.jpg

Re reg'd it today. Dude didn't listen when I told him to include 1996 signwinner to the name and he just reg'd as a 2015 custom built blah blah boring boring.

The plate on the other hand!

4C056BCF-3D60-4A8A-B4CB-355B271E205B.jpg

And some more electrical tape to finish the wiring.

Left to do is:

Wiring taping

Attach wheels

Taper the tailgate wood a touch more

Then the only thing left to get is a warrant.

I may or may not get most of this done tomorrow.

Kyle is away this weekend so no rush to finish as he has to use it before sale anyway.

• Like 4

:wub:   MEAT ?

__

Dragged it home from Chris' place and on the way home got a 3 year WoF on this because its 'brand new'.

Even the tow vehicle managed to get  one :) (just 6 months, obv)

1bD3s8.jpg

Just realised looking at this shot that the roof tray is missing a clamp. Godammit.

• Like 2

Nope. Kyle...

lol.

Didn't bother as we didnt need the cage bit. New owner can if they keep it.

It wasn't till the final coat that they were actually painted higher than the sides really.