Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greenie

austin owner's 85' 2wd hilux discussion

100 posts in this topic

I have a spare set of 4x4 guards if your interested? they are not stuffed but will need a bit of love

Your ute says something about being not clean on the door

I have a spare set of 4x4 guards if your interested? they are not stuffed but will need a bit of love

thanks for the offer bro, but i was thinking of just rolling the guards, because i was only planing on running 14or 15 x 8s so i dont think it will be wide enough to need the flared 4x4 cards.

Ha, that yellow B1600 in your thread I did at work not long after I first started there. That was running 15x8 steels all round, with 7" drop from the rear 5" leave reset and 2" block. 

New shocks and bushed some of the front end. He ended up putting a wellside onto it, as well as removing a leaf for more slam..

Was his first car

for the love of god, dont get 4" blocks. So fuking dodgy. Just get leaves reset and then chuck 2" blocks in, will be plenty of drop.

1 person likes this

for the love of god, dont get 4" blocks. So fuking dodgy. Just get leaves reset and then chuck 2" blocks in, will be plenty of drop.

hahahah yeah i was gonna start with 2" then see what it look liked, but ill have to consider the leave reset. 

i heard you can get new leave hangers that will mover them up like 2"  before adding the blocks

Quite possibly. Also you cant legally go any bigger than 2"/50mm blocks.

I used to go to school with him. Looks like this now:

15513496999_6b65186908_b.jpgBikes by GuyWithAviators, on Flickr

It's interesting.. 

and that mazda looks sick but personally i like it better as a yellow flatdeck, but still mean

Quite possibly. Also you cant legally go any bigger than 2"/50mm blocks.

thats a fair point, i didnt actually know that. haha thanks Beaver. 

how many ways are there to drop the rear of a ute? like im sure you can use a combo of things to get it supper low...

Reset leaves and blocks will give you the best part of 5" without battering an eyelid. There will probably be other things stopping you from lowering it anyway (such as frame in the way, bumpstops which will need shortening etc)

its not like its a rare truck so it will have been done a million times.

oh yeah thats sounds sweet. would any engineer be able able to do it our an tyre place know where to go? and does it usually cost very much?

Archers springs in Rotorua (assuming you are in BOP as per you profile) will be able to do them. Ive had a few sets done (at other places) from $180 - $250.

yeah im in Tauranga, ,

oh yeah that reasonable. cheers for that :)