Richy's 87 Porsche 944

Snoozin

No way man. I'm completing a full refurbishment of the wheels, one is currently having about 65mm of kerb damage fixed along with the slight bend where the the kerning was, then I'll be stripping them over the next week in preparation for a polish on the lips and finally a coat of new colour and new genuine stickers for that cherry on the top.

Wheels won't go on until the suspension is done, there is about 4k in coilovers, torsion bars, shocks, bushes, caster blocks and miscellany to save for that but I'm on target!

• Like 5

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a close up squiz of this at Leadfoot, and it is so lovely and clean. I ogled it briefly from afar at Nats too, and it's great to see a car like this being used and maintained so well.

I reckon you'd appreciate my Dad's (non-Porsche) car, as he looks after his vehicles really well too. I don't know how he doesn't have stumps for fingers with all the cleaning and polishing he does.

S2 is just the ultimate NA 944, 3l 16v, big brakes (Brembos) and a nicer looker - the 8V's are a cracking drive all the same though, and cheaper to maintain. Would own another 8v in a heartbeat, but if you do buy one I reckon the oval dash model is the one to get. Just a much nicer place to be than the early ones with 924 interior.

The 944S (2.5l 16v) isn't much advantage over an 8V model (single digit hp increase and the same brakes/suspension/interior/exterior) that in my mind justifies the extra expense involved in maintaining one, and buying one.