Threeonthetree

flyingbricks 198? Holden WB Ute

252 posts in this topic

I got a few spare comma and heel dollies will send them up might still have a shrinking hammer wit busted handle

1 person likes this

I got a couple of hammers with pick ,one I cut off and welded a old smallish cold chisel ,great for forming a bend in a panel or reforming a bent one

1 person likes this

Always enjoy updates on this. 

For general knowledge, how much is the cost of the plating. 

1 person likes this

2 people like this

15 hours ago, Mr Vapour said:

Always enjoy updates on this. 

For general knowledge, how much is the cost of the plating. 

Thanks guys!, Haha

Gold zinc passivation (it's electroplating) is pretty cheap. I couldn't comment on actual price per KG (it's sent off by someone else for me) but I get everything done at Terei Brothers in West Auckland.  They are bloody approachable so give them a call and ask any questions directly :-D

Also, be cautious as to what you get done- nothing high tensile or spring related (I'm not even too sure about things like seat rails or this handbrake lever.. I generally assume that if it's available electroplated via aftermarket sources eg my rear caliper handbrake brackets then I don't mind doing it myself )

Any input @cletus about electroplating custom made seat rails etc?

You must have been reading my mind re hinge bushes was going to drop you a message on how tight were the pins to get out did you get pins as well as bushes

1 person likes this

As per FB, I didn't get pins, I will turn some m10 bolts down to 11/32nd then blacken them and retain with a c clip.

I just can't handle $32 for 4 pins! I know why this cost this much and I'm fine with that but just not when I'm paying.

The part number I ordered is Product Code: JAOD14551

Finished the instrument panel? I don't quite think I have space for a backlit symbol, but I think I'll grab some of the flat top LED's and use them and a small label for the idiot lights

1 person likes this

Hey man. Still need to get a few gauges for it.. to be perfectly honest I can't remember what I decided to do about the indicator lamps..

I think I will use the plastic flat led things, mask off the symbols with professional cut vinyl and spray black then clear (like I did the switches)

I ended up not being happy with those stainless bolt ones.

metallurgist i would suspect?

1 person likes this