flyingbricks 198? Holden WB Ute

Threeonthetree

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah still got her Dave. Basically can't go any further until I finish the LS. BUT reality is that if I finish that motor it won't be going into the gem..it will go into this because its just so much easier and so much less upgrading to do.

There were a few areas of the gem that worried me and which were very difficult to rectify (skinny spindles, weak front arms, etc) plus tbh I'm dead fucking tired of hearing how ugly she is.

Mostly the nearly complete lack of aftermarket support bugs me.

My cousin reckons he will buy the gem shell (next weekend I think) to use as a skid car with v8 but who knows

And.. Additionally.. The gem has sat there idle because of lack of $$$ while I played musical employment and had no access to sweet homer tools.

Ugly cars are the way of the future though!

Yeah if the Gemini was too bigger a project then I guess it makes sense to scale things back a bit.

If you give up on this one though I am going to revoke your mancard, give you a kick in the balls and ban you from any further projects! :ph34r:

• Like 1

Aren't they an anti pollution system for quick warm up? And/or old school choke setups?.. had one on a redline manifold on my Cleveland, the funnelweb style one I put on had no provision for it and seemed to make no difference for warm-up.. 

Its to keep the carb warm to help vaporize the fuel, some old v8s had a thrumo valve in one exhaust manifold to block off the exhaust in one side to force the hot gas through the heat riser wile the engine was cold.

your exhaust sounds meaner if its blocked off and have twin pipes.

• Like 1

Yeah to be honest Iv never taken a decent look at a gen1 head. The LS engines definitely don't have anything like that!

I got all my fuel cell ports drilled and tapped tonight. Hopefully I can get a little ali welding done tomorrow and then get the cell mounted.

Still a bit torn actually as if I mount the fuel cell on the tray I only have to drill 4 holes and cut out a piece of the tray for the pickup sump to drop through.

If I mount it under the rear of the deck I need to weld some ali/ make an rhs cradle.

Dammit.