Brawr's 1984 KP61 Toyota Starlet Sprint - Discussion

DAD

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah will get grubby over time to match the rest of the car. A lot of modded Toyotas and Fords that I lusted after as a yoof had Janspeed exhaust systems, that almost always looked like this:

janspeedms-2-578x480.jpg

Guess that's where it comes from :)

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping and associated paperwork will be about $2500. Looks like I won't have to pay much import duty as it's over 10years old and I've owned it for 3 years. After it's in the country I'll need to put it through an MOT (wof) and pay road tax. Suspect it'll be about 3k all in. 

• Like 1

As long as it's in decent enough nick to register at the other side, and you've got some evidence of registration/ownership over here then definitely. Actually considered taking another one back to flog on over there, as you mentioned the price difference is insane. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry @Sparkle me ol' muck, I was chipping away at getting the transport stuff sorted last weekend, aiming to get her away early December. They replied with "okay sweet, we'll be through to collect her on Tuesday, will call you with a time". Sheeeeeet.

Last weekend was a blur getting everything sorted. Bye bye Betty! 

If you ever find yourself in the UK hit me up for a drive!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

Best of luck with the transportation to the other side of the world. I expect to see footage of it going sideways on some english country roads before the end of January.

You're on! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...