Old Les's Anglia

felixx

Tell you what sunshine if you'd seen his face when that car started up it was just like he was a teenager with his first car.  For some of us its about giving and seeing these old cars out there on the road and not about what we get out of it.  You put your overalls on and come and spend a day giving the old guy a hand you might change your attitude.  Obviously there are a few of us don't think like you do !!!

I talked to Les after the rest of the guys and girls had left.  He had given his all for his country as a Fighter Pilot on 5 Sqn during the war and had suffered enough hardships, its nice to feel that as a band of brothers who have a passion for something, we can also give a little to make some ones day a little better.

I think the guys that were there on Sunday will look forward to seeing Les drive his car again.  I know I certainly will.

What Les does with his car is his business and I hope he will pass it on to his grand kids to look after and enjoy.  I am really glad that I can help him achieve his dream which would not have been possible without the help of the guys/girls that gave their time and spare car parts to make Les's dream come true.

Enough Said. 

• Like 9

Good on ya lads!!! I love seeing/hearing about this sort of shit. I bet Les is bloody well chuffed and cant believe whats happening!

I know why he's still lively- all them sweet as road bikes. Can you please post up some better photos of those for me :-) I love seeing heaps of bikes like that.