Rear coil overs.

SOHC

This is something I know nothing about, I kinda slapped this car together from anything I had on hand, it has some kind of coil shocks off a T bucket.

This is how it sat with the body off

Jagdiff001_zpsec9789f3.jpg

With the weight on those half shafts should be nearly leave with the road, I have the preload wound right up but its not enough, there is too much sag, springs not havy enough.

Can any one ID those shocks? are they a std thing I can buy heaver springs for?      

that single shear mounting to the arm is pretty yuck too

also swingaxle? or does the halfshaft act as some kind of top arm somehow?

It has control arms/ radius rods and some stays witch have been put on since this pic

que?

that i find weird. not allowed dual shocks? just wat.

He sed on such a light car 4 shocks would be overkill and suspension wouldn't move.

I am thinking it I just put the jag springs onto my dampers might work?

Na the only way to get this right will be to match spring rate to desired wheel rate.

A jag isn't that heavy and most of the weight is up the front so you will probably find that if you use jag springs they will be too soft/ what you are probably using already.

• Like 2

I need some heavy duty scales or something to weigh the back of the car or something? or should I ask for some springs twice the strength of what I have?  I don't know where to start.

quiz someone who has similar set-up to get spring rate.

i know there's plenty of variables, but anyone using that rear end will utilise very similar mounting points and will have a similar loading on it.

once you have an idea on the spring, either hunt for used ones or go to a speedway supply, as they are usually a lot cheaper than performance/ricer suply.

• Like 1