Bathurst this weekend.

KKtrips

Agreed, it will hang about for a few more years at least.

I never thought I would say this, but I just hope it stays with V8's or at least something decent. With everyone else going to small capacity turbo engines motorsport is losing something. It still needs to be a spectacle, and sound is definitely part of that. 

Touring car regs seem to have a decent overhaul every 5 to 0 years at the most, so I'd say current regs would get them through until 2017 or so, by which time they might be running coupes on the current chassis, but then they may look at something a little different. I'd be surprised if the manufacturers wanted to run coupes though. Those niche market cars sell themselves, but always in small numbers. Its the mass market sedans that they would want to market with motorsport. 

Ford weren't offering factory backing from 1979 to 1993 as far as I'm aware, anything with a Ford badge was privateer run, so it's not the huge thing people are making out. In fact many series run without any manufacturer support, look at current BTCC. The money just needs to be there and for that it needs fans etc. 

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to beat the taxi racing at the moment

coupes would make it to much like every other racing class.

However wish they would raise the rev limit a bit further and push those dinosaur v8s a bit further.

They dont struggle to do 1000k these days like they used too

• Like 1

^ they're stopping the construction of commodores next year so it would seem the writing's on the wall, unless they're to change the rules and let a smaller holden offering (barina feeate? lel) in.

You must be part Brazilian. Thats the type of thing they do over there.

Chev Sonic (Barina Sedan) running a Chev push rod V8 Brasil Stock Cars

red-bull-racing-brasil-chevrolet-sonic-v

Or a mini Chevy Cruze running a 2.7 quadcam V8 in TC2000

TC_2000_Chevrolet_Cruze_2011.jpg

So lol/weird/awesome/shit

• Like 4