Fletch's 1974 Datsun 260c Wagon

fletch

Keen to see picture of back seats and electric rear windows... Is the 8 seat thing a factory option for those that didn't want a normal station wagon? Can the seats fold down for best of both worlds?

Know nothing about these sweet sweet wagons so enjoying your build thread.

Electric window is on the passenger side rear quarter. Back before the days of angle parking, When people parallel parked, mum could walk up to the car with her shopping, stick the key in e barrel in the rear quarter and drop the window to chuck shit in, then back for more shopping.

There is also a switch up front so you can give the dog/kids some air while driving

The rear seats are fold up rear facing.

ill get some of the interior in a day or so. the whole floor folds down flat. its massive. For a datsun..

• Like 1

Hey dude - ive got a 4.1 h190 from a solid diff c32 laurel - should be an he or hf - there shouldnt be any difference in fitting etc - cant remember what the difference is - something about stronger or updated bearings.

Ill get some pics for you tomorrow.

Cool car by the way - my gold one that you saw down here when you called in, is at least now in a shed drying out waiting for me to start on her lol.

Hey Brocky! 

good to hear you still have the wagon. 

im looking at making moulds of the tail light lenses to make some more as i have been looking for 2 years now and only 1 set have come up world wide and they went for silly money. Ill make a set for you.

Not sure about Wagnats, location good, timing bad. still keen

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, k-trips said:

Check driveshaft UJs first. 

you are right. i need to find a reason for them failing. i think i know the cause, but it appears to be my fault with the whole measure twice, cut once thingy.

I am trying to organise a replacement front half of the driveshaft to be made in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...