VG's Gross Hilux SR5 (+15)

Vintage Grumble

It didn't go bang, and spat out 208kw, or in the old money, just shy of 280hp. Because of the AFM, they couldn't put anymore boost up it, as jamming it through the lil hole just made the charge hotter and hotter, so its set on 14.5psi. The tuner reckoned with a Z31 AFM, and a SR20DE throttle body (which are larger than the turbo ones) it should spit out another 30-40kw. So mebbe one day ............

Next on the list of things to do, is skids at drag day, yay!!!!!!!

• Like 3

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noice........give you some legs when passing all those slow 1600cc cars on the ktown straights..................if you can see through the oil cloud.

hoping for the same numbers with my sr20 but I have no airflow meter an already swapped the throttle body in the name of making the 300hp mark

• Like 1

Not 100% sure..............Stillway has it in safe keeping.

Havent got my car back from the painters yet , hopefully sometime through Christmas don't really know.............

but need to sort out wiring department next , as ripped it all out...........................Go switch and Stop switch is all I need.

• Like 1

Not 100% sure..............Stillway has it in safe keeping.

Havent got my car back from the painters yet , hopefully sometime through Christmas don't really know.............

but need to sort out wiring department next , as ripped it all out...........................Go switch and Stop switch is all I need.

Yeh, that ECU is ex Keltik/Ben. How long has the car been at the painters?? Seems like years?

Was at taupo paintes for 18 months pulled it out and they went bankrupt , Sat in the shed for another year while the bank account recovered.

Now in whaakatane and has been there for 6 months.........................however  painted the door jams, its getting there but basically 3.5 years to paint it.

Thinking I might buy something else now ( it might never get finished)