Browndog's 1978 Ford Transit Sundowner

browndog

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a few hours on the van yesterday. Decided I did not want the LPG fitted, so proceeded to remove it all. Only took a couple of hours to get everything out. Discovered the tank was full,(it was damn heavy!)  and as I dropped it out on the ground the back of the van jumped up, must be a good 30mm higher in the rear now, sits level instead of bum down :)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Haven't touched the van for a while, but got back into it last week. Wheels were looking a bit second hand, so I stripped the tyres off, had the rims powder coated, and fitted the new tyres I bought, old school BFG T/A's in 225/60x14 for the front and 245/60x14 for the rear. Despite powder coating being a pet hate of mine, they were done this way from new, and painting was going to be very expensive, so I decided to go this way.   I have the diff out at the moment, changing the ratio from the 2.7 that the previous owner fitted (ridiculously tall in first and reverse) to a more clutch friendly 3.45 from an EL Falcon. Van has a T5 box fitted, so will still have long legs in fifth gear. This van is also  going to be used in a TV mini series set in the late 1970's, so getting it ready for its starring role, makeup, hair, wheels ..... :)

IMG_1896.jpg

Discussion thread:  //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/45067-browndogs-1978-ford-transit-sundowner/

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Dragged the two vans out on Saturday, I haven't driven or done anything on them in ages, as I have been so busy. Anyway, gave them both a good cleanup, fitted the freshly painted wheels and new tyres to the Sundowner, and then me and a mate drove back and forth to the All Ford Day so I could put them in the "Transit only parking" stand:) Managed to get 5x Mk2's and 2x Mk1's on display, probably a record for NZ!

Picture%20015.jpg

Picture%20017.jpg

Picture%20016.jpg

Picture%20020.jpg

Picture%20019.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...