Wylde's '84 Holden Statesman DeVille series II

KKtrips

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mate. I thought he was legit but wasnt quite sure (he is my new Wof guy since I moved region last year)

C pillar rust is within that 300mm of seatbelt mount

Oil leak is at the rear of the tappet covers (both) spits a little bit of oil down the back of the block which then drips onto the exhaust. Sounds worse than what it is. easy  

• Like 1

Just check that the rocker covers have straight mounting surfaces before you refit them.

Might need to give them a little twist into shape.

Holden pressed steel rocker covers like to warp. Also they have usually been dropped or stacked in the past which bends them.

Easy fix. Then slam some new gaskets in there mayyyyyte.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Just now, chasinthemirage said:

Sorry to see you're having motor issues man. Don't sell it though, can guarantee you'd regret it! I almost bought a Brougham once and I'm still kicking myself for letting it go 

I was think of selling my HQ Statesman but would never get an original one again plus I have fully rebuilt it mechanically over the last 3 years so I'll just keep it

• Like 2

Like I said I can't bring myself to part with it! So it stays 

that engine is only 3000km since it was rebuilt  hence wondering if I can get away with another lifter in there without replacing the lot!

might take the head in and get it checked out.

As long as the cam lobe is OK you should be alright chucking a new lifter in there.

The Holden rocker arms are pretty crap really. Did you keep the rockers with the original pedestals when you rebuilt the engine?  

Good luck with fixing it, WB Statesman is the ultimate version of the HQ Belmont.

5 hours ago, Kiwibirdman said:

As long as the cam lobe is OK you should be alright chucking a new lifter in there.

The Holden rocker arms are pretty crap really. Did you keep the rockers with the original pedestals when you rebuilt the engine?  

Good luck with fixing it, WB Statesman is the ultimate version of the HQ Belmont.

The Cam lobe is fine it survived the ordeal unscathed! I didnt rebuild this engine, I bought it as a rebuilt engine for $2k  this at the time was cheaper than rebuilding my original Donk.

In hindsight ( beautiful thing that Hindsight!) I should of just coughed up the extra $ and had my original motor done properly the first time around... at a reputable firm not the local one near me that quoted ridiculous money. This engine was rebuilt (fuck knows when!) then was left to sit around for a few years under a bench and its been nothing but problem after problem with this red motor. but ohwell gotta live with it now. I'll biff a new lifter in ,along with a spare rocker arm and pushrod from my hoard of bits.