98cc's Ordinary Bicycle Build

98cc

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

N3k, yes the main requirement to go on the tour was that you had to be dressed in a period costume for the whole event. Most of the penny farthing events overseas and especially in Australia everybody on a penny farthing seems to be wearing lycra which isn't a very good look so the Oamaru club has made it mandatory to wear period gear in the events.

I don't know about the Thomas Stevenson outfit Tortron but the ride has been going on for nearly 20 years now so i imagine it has been done.

Plans for the next project, i have a few on the go at the moment. My BSA bantam racer is leaning against the wall looking very sad after over a year of not being worked on now so i might get back into that, I am also doing a rebuild on a small home built plane with a friend of mine and restoring a vintage Vincent water scooter so i have a fair bit of stuff to keep me busy. Have you heard of David Wilson? he rode the length of NZ a couple of years ago on a penny, i think it took him a couple of months, obviously not much of a challenge compared to what you have done!

Yeah it sure was awesome Steelies, it might be an event for next year as well 

• Like 3